You know how much Italians love their mothers. They are sources of inspiration— as they are strong, generous, caring, and compassionate, just to name a few traits. They’ve cooked for you, cleaned up after you, raised you, comforted you. To all of the mothers out there, thank you; and we hope that this Mother’s Day, you feel truly loved and appreciated.
No matter who you are, making this Mother’s Day extra-special is easy with the right supplies. All amazing days begin with a great meal— so make sure this Sunday is the same! Read on for the ultimate Mother’s Day brunch dish, plus a few additional tips to spruce up the morning.
- Give the house (especially the kitchen) a brief cleaning— nothing too serious; just enough to make sure that no mother thinks it’s something she needs to take care of today.
- Prepare the perfect brunch, with favorites of the mother(s) you’re celebrating today: Coffee, orange juice, perhaps some champagne, potatoes, fruit, meat, and our extra-special French toast (see recipe below!).
- Assemble a crew to clean up after brunch. Don’t let the any mom in your life lay a finger on the dishes!
- Whatever your celebration may be, be sure to end it with a thank you to all the special mothers in your life; and remember: Mother’s Day lasts the whole day, not just those few brunch hours.
Ultimate Cannoli French Toast:
What You’ll Need (Serves 4):
- 2 c. ricotta cheese
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- ½ c heavy cream/milk
- 8 slices of French bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- Powdered sugar and sliced strawberries for serving
- Combine ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
(Tip: To save even more time, grab some of our premade mascarpone filling!)
- Whisk eggs and cream/milk in a pie dish.
- Spread about ½ cup mascarpone mix onto four slices of bread. Top each with the other slice of bread and squish together a little.
- Dip each side of the sandwich into the egg/cream mixture (they should be well-coated).
- Melt butter in a large skillet and fry each sandwich until golden-brown on both sides.
- Slice each sandwich into two triangles, transfer to a serving plate, and dust with powdered sugar before serving— serve with a bowl of sliced strawberries.