The Fourth of July is a holiday beloved by so many. Fireworks, family and friends, and, like many other holidays, an excuse to make (and more importantly, eat) extra-delicious foods. We love getting together to celebrate our love for this Nation and share dishes and memories. If you’re looking for a recipe that can accomplish all of the above, you’re in luck— read on for our recipe for Patriotic Pasta Salad (we promise everyone will love it!).
- 1 lb. Pasta of choice (rotini or wheels work very well!)
- Red and blue food coloring
- 16 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 8 oz. fresh pepperoni, sliced or cubed
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. artichoke hearts, chopped
- 5 oz. sliced black olives
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ of a bottle of Italian dressing
- Optional: One can of garbanzo beans
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Allow to cool, then split into two batches and place in separate gallon-sized zip-lock bags.
- Add 40 drops of red food coloring to one bag and 40 drops of blue to the other. Seal bags and squeeze/shake both well to distribute the coloring. Rinse contents of one bag at a time under cold water until water runs clear, then dry pasta with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with all other ingredients. Mix well (but gently) and refrigerate in a covered container until ready to serve.