If you’re a pizza lover like us, than you’re going to love this home-grown recipe for Summer Garden Pizza. We went into our gardens and rolled up our sleeves for this one, we hope you enjoy it!
P.S. in case you were wondering, you can get all your ingredients here at Roma’s!
Pint fresh-picked cherry tomatoes
Medium sweet onion
4 gloves of garlic
Good EVOO (we have a big selection!)
Herbes de Provence
How to Make:
- Halve cherry tomatoes
- Chop garlic and onion
- Coat medium-large sized pan with EVOO, heat medium-high
- Set oven temperature to 425 degrees
- Add cherry tomatoes and onion to heated skillet and cook on medium for 10 minutes
- While your sauce is cooking, stretch out your dough and prep for oven. At this time, you’re going to season your dough with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (dusting), drizzle EVOO. Pre-bake dough for 10 minutes or when your dough starts to brown
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Herbes de Provence, drizzle EVOO and stir thoroughly
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes, check, stir and taste. Your tomatoes should be broken down at this point, if your sauce tastes sour or tinny, add salt and pepper and touch more Herbes de Provence to cut some of that acidity
- Add tomato mixture to pre-baked pizza dough and spread evenly
- Sprinkle desired amount of cheese and add your desired toppings
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Turn Broiler On to 550 degrees
- Finish pizza under broiler (2-5 minutes) or until desired doneness
- Slice & Serve!