Even though it feels like we’re experiencing a “heat wave”, with the recent frigid temperatures, we still have a few more months of winter left. Which is OK when you have a homemade recipe such as our Acorn Squash Soup to warm you up! Try it and let us know what you think!
- 3 lb. acorn squash (1 large or two smaller)
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ⅔ c coconut milk
- 3 ½ c vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Slice the acorn squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Place cut-side up on baking sheet and drizzle with EVOO.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and rub with EVOO. Place face-down on baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes (should be very tender) at 400*. Remove from oven and allow to cool until you can touch it without getting burned.
- Remove skin and place squash and potatoes into a large bowl
- Heat up remaining EVOO in large pot
- Sauté onion until translucent
- Stir in spices, cook until fragrant
- Add in broth, squash and sweet potato, bring to a simmer, cook about 15 minutes
- Blend until smooth in batches, return to pot, add in the coconut milk and any additional spices you desire
- Serve with a sprinkle of garam masala and enjoy!