One of our resolutions in 2018 was to work smarter, not harder— and this chicken emulates our sentiment, bite for delicious bite. Enter: Dill Chicken— the simple-to-make dish that is versatile and tasty.
What you’ll need:
– Chicken drumsticks (estimate 2 per person)
– Fresh Dill (one bunch)
– Fresh Lemon juice
– 5 cloves of garlic
– fresh dill
– Smoked Paprika
– Salt & Pepper
- Prep your marinade. Chop garlic cloves and rough chop (washed) fresh dill. Set aside. Squeeze out juice and rough chop lemon peel. In a gallon plastic bag add in rinsed chicken drumsticks (excess water is okay). Add in ¼ c. of lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of EVOO, 1/2 tbsp*(or to taste) of Smoked Paprika, 1 teas. of salt and pepper*(or to taste), add in garlic, fresh dill, and lemon peel. Seal bag and mix/ shake thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1-24 hours (the longer you marinade, the better).
- Set out chicken 30 minutes before you plan to cook it so that the temperature of the meat comes down to room temperature. This helps ensure even temperature while cooking. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- The secret to perfect drumsticks is even air flow. Elevate your meat with a cooking rack placed on a sheet pan. Cook your chicken for about 30 minutes, then pull it out so you can place the fresh dill on the chicken.
- Coat drumsticks with fresh dill and place back into oven for 15 minutes.
- Let drumsticks set for a couple minutes before serving as they will be piping hot inside! Enjoy!