Garlicky Hummus Recipe
Everyone needs a good to-go spread that is also a crowd-pleaser for everyone, yes, vegans included! Ours is homemade hummus. For those of you whose experience with hummus has been store-bought, you’re in for a real treat, because there’s nothing like freshly made hummus!
Also, another surprising fact is that it’s pretty easy to make. While you might not find everything you need to make this recipe at your local supermarket, you can find everything here at Roma’s!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 large lemon (1/4 c. lemon juice)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you want it)
- ¼ cup Tahini paste (sesame seed paste)
- ½ Teas. ground cumin
- 2 ½ Tbsp. EVOO
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp. Za’atar
How to Make:
- Open and drain chickpeas in colander. While drying, rough chop garlic and measure out tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and EVOO.
- In a food processor, add tahini and lemon juice and blend together. Scrape down sides and blend until smooth. Next add in garlic, cumin, and salt (1/2 teas.), blend together.
- Add in half of drained / rinsed chickpeas and blend. Scrape down sides. 2 Tbsp. of water to help thin out the chickpea mix. Add in second half off chickpeas.
- Be sure to scrape down sides so that all of the hummus is blended to your desired consistency. The more liquid you add, the creamier it will be. If you are looking for a thicker spread, add less liquid.
- Take out of food processor into a dish. Top with Za’atar seasoning and finish with drizzle of EVOO.
- Enjoy with pita or veggies!