Whether you’re looking for a fiber-rich snack or the perfect spread for a homemade wrap, baba ganoush is the wonder spread you didn’t know you were missing. The best part of recipes, such as this one below, is that you can customize the flavor profile to your preferences. Want it more smoky? Add smoked paprika! Want it chunky? Leave the skins on when blending. This is baba ganoush, your way.
• 1 large eggplant
• Olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic
• . c. fresh lemon juice
• . c. tahini (more if needed)
• Sea salt, to taste
• Slice eggplant into . inch slices, sprinkle with sea salt and let dry in
a colander for several minutes
• Rub with olive oil, place on baking sheet and broil on high for 5-10
minutes, flipping halfway to even out each side
• Remove skins of eggplant and add flesh of eggplant into food
processor with tahini, juice of the lemon, garlic, and sea salt to taste.
*You can add more tahini for a creamier consistency.
• Blend until smooth and creamy
• Serve with pita chips or veggies! (You can also use this as a base of a of homemade wrap. Simply spread this onto your wrap and add your desired toppings!)