It’s officially Grilling Season! In addition to our quality cuts of meat and seafood, we also have a robust offering of fresh vegetables, like our portobello mushroom caps!
- 4 Portobello caps
- Balsamic glaze (we recommend Classic Cream from Isola— it’s made in Italy and can be found at Roma’s!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Swiss cheese
- Fresh rolls
- Wipe excess dirt from mushroom caps with a damp paper towel.
- Cut the stems below the “rim” of the cap and then place each mushroom gill-side up in a large Tupperware.
- Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- When you’re ready, fire up the grill, pop the mushrooms on (gill-side up), and grill for about 10 minutes (we flip for maximum grill potential).
- Towards the end of their time on the grill, take a couple slices of fresh Swiss cheese and stuff it into the cap so that it melts!
- Once your mushrooms are at rest, drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Stack them onto fresh rolls and top with sautéed peppers & onions!