There’s nothing like a rainy day that has us craving our favorite comfort food… pasta (and shrimp of course)! Find our recipe for homemade Shrimp Scampi below!
- 1 lb. fresh jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ c white dry vermouth
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. c lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place shrimp on paper plate and pat completely dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lay flat, evenly-spaced on paper plate.
- Heat butter in a large skillet, and then invert plate of shrimp over the skillet so that they all fall into the pan at the same time. Cook a minute without moving.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute, then flip shrimp and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and pour in vermouth and lemon juice. Boil until thickened slightly (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in lemon zest and parsley, then pour mixture over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Divide shrimp and serve over pasta.