Whether you’re picnicking at Saratoga Race Course or throwing a fete in your own backyard, the key to any celebration is the food. We’re here to ensure that you eat well, regardless of who is making it. That’s why we had to share this recipe for Minestrone Salad, one of our favorite side dishes!
- 8 oz. pasta of your choice
- 4 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced (½ inch cubes)
- 1 zucchini, diced (½ inch cubes)
- 4 oz. green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ¼ c corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. assorted tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coarse salt, plus additional for seasoning
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Rinse pasta under cold water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. EVOO in large skillet and add onion and garlic.
- Cook until they begin to soften (about 2 minutes).
- Add carrot and cook about 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add zucchini, green beans, and corn.
- Cook until vegetables are tender (about 10-15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and transfer to a medium bowl to cool.
- Stir in 2 tbsp EVOO, vinegar, tomatoes, cannellini beans, and reserved pasta. Serve chilled or at room temperature.