There are still a couple weeks of summer left! Enjoy it with friends, family, and of course, food! We love this recipe sent in by Adrienne Brauch, and we think you will too!
- 2 ½ lbs. plum tomatoes (about 10) cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- ½ cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tsp. minced fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, mozzarella and olives.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Toss to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes
*Note from Author: If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar; you can also add chickpeas to this if you like.