Slow-Cooker Red Pepper Chicken Chili
We’re officially in soup, chowder, and chili season …and we’re not complaining! In fact, we’re embracing it with this healthy, protein-packed chili that will have you coming back for seconds (… and thirds, but who’s counting anyway?).
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless/skinless
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 c chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 24 oz. roasted red peppers + juice
- 30 oz. red kidney beans, drained
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 c chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chopped pepper, onion, celery, and garlic and sauté
- Transfer sautéed vegetables to slow-cooker and add in drained beans.
- Place chicken on top and sprinkle with the spices.
- Puree red peppers + juice in a blender until smooth, then pour into slow cooker along with broth.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours
- When you get home, transfer chicken to a plate or bowl, shred with a fork, and mix back into the chili.
- Stir and serve!