We love the holidays because that means more excuses for testing out new baking recipes. Recently we have been really craving Anisette Cookies, so we decided to make some! It only took about 30 minutes total for prepping and cooking. They melted in our mouth with every bite, we just had to share the recipe. Here’s what you need to know, and be sure to stop by and see us for your ingredients. We will even point you in the right direction!
4 cups all- purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
½ cup milk
1 tbsp baking powder
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp anise extract
1 tsp anise extract
1 cup confectioner sugar
2 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and white sugar together. In the center add oil, milk, 1 tbsp anise extract, and eggs. Keep mixing until the dough feels sticky.
- Section off doughs into 1 inch pieces. Roll into balls and then place on a greased cookie sheet, each 1 in apart. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Dip in the icing immediately.
- Blend 1 tsp anise extract, and 1 cup confectioners sugar. Add in enough hot water until it forms a smooth texture.
We hope you like this recipe as much as we did. Be sure to share your thoughts with us.