It’s that time of year when everyone feels a little bit Irish (regardless of our lineage), blame it on the green, or marketing, but we’re hungry!
Don’t have all day to perfect this iconic Irish meal? Pull out your Instant Pot and try this recipe for homemade Corned Beef & Cabbage.
- Corned Beef
- 1 Head of Cabbage
- 1 Bag of Carrots
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 4 Medium Yukon Potatoes
- 1 Large Spanish or Vidalia Onion
- 1 Container (4 c.) Vegetable Broth
- Corned Beef “seasoning” a mix of Mustard Seeds, Bay Leaves, Allspice Berries, Salt and Pepper (this usually comes with store-bought corned beef)
- Prep your vegetables! Clean and cut up your Cabbage, Carrots, Potatoes, and Onions and set aside.
- Rinse off your packaged corned beef and pat dry. Season all sides with “corned beef seasoning” and massage it into the meat.
- Place meat into the pressure cooker and add in Vegetable Stock. Set pressure cooker settings (set on High for 90 minutes) and wait.
- Once the meat is finished, remove and let sit covered.
- Add in Cabbage, Carrots, Potatoes, and Onion to the broth. Set on High for 5 minutes.
- Combine on a plate and enjoy!