Spring is in the air, and most of us want it on our plates. If you’re looking for the perfect side that tastes as bright as it looks, try your hand at homemade Tabbouleh.
- 1/2 c. bulgar
- 1 c. diced cucumber
- 1 c. diced tomato
- 1 teas. fine sea salt
- 3 bunches of curly parsley
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 c. thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 c. EVOO
- 3-4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- Cook bulgar wheat, drain excess water, and let sit to cool.
- Combine diced tomato and cucumber with salt. Stir and let sit. Strain any excess liquid.
- Chop (or use a food processor) parsley. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl with the parsley, add chopped mint, green onion, and cooled bulgar, and mix.
- Incorporate strained cucumber and tomato
- In a separate mixing bowl or large measuring cup, whisk lemon juice, EVOO, garlic, and 1/2 teas. of salt. Add this mixture into the large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Adjust according to personal taste, you may want to add in more lemon juice or salt.
- For maximum flavor, let sit for 15 minutes before enjoying.