Rainy days call for comfort food. Who doesn’t love to enjoy a warm meal on a rainy day, while cuddled up in a blanket watching movies? Well we are providing you a recipe that is sure to satisfy your taste buds! Check out our recipe for broccoli cheddar soup below.
1 tablespoon of butter
2 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 ¾ cups of chopped up broccoli
2 cups of chicken stock
¼ cup of flour
2 cups of milk
¼ cup of butter, melted
1 cup of carrots
- Melt the tablespoon of butter in a pan. Add onion in and let heat for about 4 ½ minutes.
- Add melted butter, a tsp of milk, and flour together into big saucepan and stir. Let cook for 3½ minutes.
- After fully mixed, add in the rest of the milk, followed by the chicken stock. Cook for about 19 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions in. Cook for 20 more minutes.
- Lastly, add in the cheese.