One of our favorite parts about the weather getting colder, is the warm comfort foods. While we love a good apple pie or pumpkin pie, one of our favorites is a classic Chicken Pot Pie. Check out our recipe below— and remember, you can pick up most of these ingredients at Roma’s!
1 cup corn
1 cup of peas
½ cup of diced carrots
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup of butter
⅓ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground sage
⅛ tsp pepper
2 cups of water
¾ cup of milk
1 tbsp chicken bouillon
3 cups of cooked cubed chicken
¼ cup parsley
2 double pie crusts
- Boil fresh vegetables until tender. If you’re using frozen vegetables, prepare per the bag descriptions, so that they are softened and thawed out.
- In a pan cook your onion in ¼ cup of butter until softened and semi-translucent.
- Stir in your flour, salt, sage, and pepper. Next all together add in water, milk, and chicken bouillon. Cook until thick and once it bubbles, stir for a couple minutes.
- Add in your drained cooked vegetables, chicken, and parsley. Heat until it is bubbling.
- Place one of your double crust into a round baking dish. Trim crust so it fits the rim.
- Add in your chicken mixture. Then place your other double pie crust on top of the filling. Trim the top crust, and cut a few slits in it.
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for about 11 minutes. Once the crust is a nice golden brown it is ready to be taken out. Let cool, serve and enjoy!