Easter is fastly approaching, and that means egg dyeing time! We wanted to share some fun easy ways to color eggs, without having to brave going to your local store and buying a kit. The best part, it only involves three ingredients, and your kids are sure to love this activity! Feel free to give it your own twist, and be sure to share your results with us!
- White vinegar
- Food coloring, use any colors you want!
- Hard boiled eggs
- To start, you will want to mix together ½ cup of boiling water with a teaspoon of vinegar and about 15 drops of whichever food coloring you please.
- Repeat step one for each color that you want to make.
- You will then dip the egg into the mixture for about 4 minutes. The longer you leave the egg, the darker it will get.
- Remove the egg with a spoon, and let dry. Finally, put it in the refrigerator and you are all set. It is that easy!
*Add a fun twist by putting stickers on the egg before submerging them in the dye!
*Another fun idea is dipping the eggs into multiple colors, for a tye dye look!