We are all about summertime desserts. However, it can be challenging to come up with new and, most of all, easy recipes to whip up! While searching for inspiration for our next post-dinner creation, we came across this recipe from Our Italian Table that left us salivating, Fresh Berry Ricotta Tiramisu. Can you think anything more refreshing to cap off these hot, humid summer days? We couldn’t either. Find the recipe below, and don’t worry, you can get half the ingredients right there at Roma’s!
6 oz blueberries
6 oz blackberries
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey
2 cups whole milk ricotta
1 cup of Greek yogurt, either plain or vanilla
1 tbsp sugar
- Heat a small saucepan to medium and stir lemon juice, blueberries, blackberries, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of water. Then, slowly stir in the honey. Let this mixture simmer for about 5 minutes, or until your berries are soft, and remove from the heat.
- Using a fine-mesh calendar, separate the berries and the liquid. Set aside.
- Now we are going to work on that whip! Combine the lemon zest and ricotta in a medium-sized bowl and whip until creamy. Then fold in the yogurt. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta and the zest from the lemon. Whip until a creamy texture is achieved.
- Next, dip ladyfingers into the berry liquid. Place these into your serving glasses. Take the berries and extra liquid and spoon them over the ladyfingers.
- Layer the ricotta mixture over the berries, and use remaining liquid and berries to top each dessert.
- Garnish with fresh mint, lemon zest, shaved white chocolate, or nothing at all!