Are you suffering from cabin fever? We’re all feeling it and that’s why we suggest channeling energy in the best way possible: cooking.
If you’re looking for something new, try this recipe from Paula Jones for this Fried Caprese Salad!
• 1 large tomato – sliced into 3 – 1/2″ rounds
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 egg – beaten
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1 cup canola oil
• 1 Ball of Fresh Mozzarella – sliced into 3 – 1/2″ rounds
• 6 fresh basil leaves
• Balsamic cream
• Season tomato slices with salt and pepper and place onto a plate
lined with paper towels. Set aside.
• Place flour, egg, and panko into 3 separate shallow bowls for
• Dip tomato slice into flour. Lightly tap to remove excess. Dip into egg
and then into panko. Transfer to plate and continue with remaining
• Into a medium sized skillet add oil and heat over medium heat. When
hot, add tomato slices and cook for approximately 30 seconds on
each side OR until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper
towels. Season with salt.
• To assemble: tomato, mozzarella, 3 basil leaves. Continue with two
additional layers. Garnish with a drizzle of balsamic cream.