It doesn’t have to be the weekend to enjoy homemade Pizza! Try out “Grandma Maria’s Pizza Pieno” recipe sent in by Barbara Ritschel.
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb. fresh cheese
- 1 c. grated cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto
- 1/2 lb. pepperoni
- 1/3 lb. Italian salami
- 1/4 lb. flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Cut salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, and fresh cheese into pieces
- Mix well with ricotta, grated cheese, and eggs.
- Note from the author: don’t add salt!
- Combine flour, baking powder, and a sprinkle of salt
- Add in water until a dough consistency is reached
- Grease a deep-dish pan with Crisco, then line with dough and seal the edges
- Top the dough with meat and cheese mixture
- Bake at 475 degrees until crust is crispy and cheese is bubbly – about 30 minutes