We’re all for easy (and delicious) ways to make the holidays sweet. If you’re someone who loves to spend countless hours baking Christmas cookies, more power to you! There’s nothing better than homemade goodies. For those of us for whom those extra baking hours don’t exist, we’ve got a quick and simple option for you!
Swing by Roma’s, pick up a package of our homemade cannoli shells and our mascarpone, and grab a few things you or your family members enjoy to mix into the filling or decorate the ends or shells with. There are so many ways to jazz up a cannoli— and with our ready-to-go ingredients, you’ll save so much time.
What you’ll need:
- Roma’s cannoli shells
- Roma’s mascarpone filling
- Powdered sugar
- Toss-ins (A few of our favorites: Candies, chocolate chips, sprinkles, crushed pistachios, dark or milk chocolate— share your favorites with us!)
What to do:
- Carefully remove the shells from their packaging and lay them out on a flat, clean surface.
- If you wish, mix mini chocolate chips in with the mascarpone (it’s delicious).
- Using a pastry bag (or if you don’t have a pastry bag, you can make due with a plastic zip-lock bag with the corner cut off), carefully fill the shell by squeezing the bag and moving the tip in a circle starting from the middle and moving out. Once one half of the shell is filled, flip your cannoli and begin filling the other half.
- Dip the mascarpone at the ends into a bowl of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, crushed pistachios, or crushed peppermint candies; and/or melt down your chocolate and drizzle over the tops of the shells. *You can also dip the tips of the shells into melted chocolate before filling them!
- Dust your cannolis with powdered sugar and pop them into the fridge to cool.
- Serve chilled for dessert (or breakfast!).