What better way to bring the taste of the Keys up north during the Holiday Season? With these meltaway lime snowball cookies, you can temporarily trick your taste buds!
2/3 c. unsalted, softened butter
2/3 c. powdered sugar
zest and juice of 2 limes
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2/3 c. powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat convection oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and cornstarch and mix thoroughly.
- In a KitchenAid standing mixer, combine powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla until mixed and golden. Add in lime juice and lime zest and mix thoroughly.
- Once wet ingredients are combined, add in the dry mixture in two batches. Scrap down edges as needed.
- Once the dough is formed, make mini “snowballs.” Dust with powdered sugar and sugar sprinkles until covered. If you have time, let these chill for 1-2 hours. If you don’t, that’s okay, too; you will have a slightly different consistency.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges start to golden.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Dust with more powdered sugar.