Feeling like pasta, but don’t want to have something so heavy? Try this recipe for Mushroom & Parmesan Spaghetti Squash!
• One spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds will make 4 side-dish
• 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 cups of button mushrooms (chopped)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbsp. thyme
• 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
• A handful of parsley, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 380 degrees F
• While oven preheats, heat EVOO in the skillet and add in thyme and
• Cook for a minute or two, then add in mushrooms; cook until brown
• Turn off the stove; let mushrooms sit while the squash cooks
• Place whole squash on a baking sheet and put into the preheated oven (wait until after squash is cooked to cut!). Bake for about an hour; you’ll know it’s done when you can pierce the skin with a knife.
• Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature
• Cut in half, remove seeds, and scrape the spaghetti-like strands out with a fork
• Add squash to skillet and return to high heat, frying together with mushrooms
• Add Parmesan cheese, and saute for a moment and then remove from heat
• Sprinkle with parsley and serve!