It’s zucchini season, so make the most of this versatile vegetable with this recipe for Zucchini Boats!
• 3 large zucchini, halved & seeds scooped out
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 lb. ground turkey (or meat of choice)
• 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
• 4 oz. shredded mozzarella
• Freshly grated parmesan
• Parsley for garnishing
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees
• Place zucchini halves open-side up in a 9×13 in. pan. Brush with
EVOO, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and set aside.
• Roast zucchini for 20 minutes– in the meantime, prepare the filling:
• Heat EVOO in a pan and cook garlic and onions until soft. Add in
ground turkey and brown until completely cooked through.
• Add in crushed tomatoes and allow to come to a boil.
• Reduce heat and let simmer; then add salt and pepper to taste.
• Once zucchinis are done roasting, remove from oven and fill with
turkey mix. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan,
then place in oven and cook until cheese melts.
• Garnish with parsley and serve!